Day 01: After breakfast transfer to Nanyuki. On arrival at Nanyuki have your lunch and rest for about 2 hours, then in the early evening take a short walk to the equator and back to the hotel. Dinner and overnight at Simbas lodge.
Day 02: After a late breakfast, drive to the Sirimon park gate (45 minutes) where the trekking starts. Walk for 9 kms to the Old Moses camp (3300 m). Dinner and overnight at the huts.
Day 03: After breakfast, walk via Mackinders Valley to Shiptons camp (4200m). Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 04: Shiptons camp to Austrian camp 4780m for dinner and overnight.
Day 05: Cross Lewis glacier to the base of t of Nelion & Batian peaks for ascend of Nelion and Batian peaks then back to Mackinders for overnight.
Day 06: From Mackinders descend to Met Station for overnight
Day 07: Descend from Met Station to Naro Moru park gate from where you are transferred to board your vehicle for transfer back to Nairobi or safari to Samburu game reserve.
Transport from Nairobi, to as high as possible on the mountain and return to Nairobi.
- Quality fresh food but with some prepared (client to advise any particular likes / dislikes or dietary considerations).
- Porters for all food and tentage, plus up to 15 kgs. of the clients personal equipment.
- All tents, sleeping mats, eating and cooking utensils etc.
- Services of the Technical guide
- Park entrance and camping fees.
EXCLUSIVES: All gear and equipment; i.e. Helmet and harness, 2 x 9mm ropes, we use double rope system, Slings, karabinas and other protection devices. First and last night accommodation in Nairobi, Tips to porters and guide, Foot wear and sleeping bag.