5 Days/ 4 Nights Sweet waters – Lake Nakuru – Masai Mara Safari
Sweet waters Game Reserve is 90,000-acre private ranch with wide view across the plains to the snowcapped peaks of Mount Kenya.
Sweetwater is 3.5hrs from Nairobi and a home of all the big five game. Its popular waterhole is floodlit and offers clear and close game viewing and a possibility of night game drive.
There is a chimpanzee sanctuary and the only one in kenya with this endangered species.
From sweet waters we head to lake nakuru national park which was declared a rhino sanctuary in 1983, and received white rhinos from South Africa, and also is a home for about 40 black rhinos.
Then our safari heads to the masai mara game reserve for the climax of all safaris. June / July troops of wildebeests arrive in Kenyan border from Tanzania border ready to cross the Masai Mara through the crocodile infested fast flowing mara river.
During crossing mara river, this is the greatest episode of the entire migration and it is also the seventh worldwide of the world. On the heels are predators that include; lion, cheetah, Wild dog, jackal, hyena and vultures. You will get the best shots from the bunks of the mara river while witnessing the whole drama.
The Mara also offers wildlife in such variety and abundance that it is difficult to believe: over 450 species of animals have been recorded here. You will most likely see the following
The Big Five which includes: lion, rhino, buffalo, leopard, and elephant, numerous plain animals and different species of birds which are in abundance in Mara.
Day 1: Nairobi – Drive to Sweet waters Game Sanctuary
After breakfast drive north, cross the equator to the northern hemisphere and head to the sweet waters. Then check in for lunch and an evening game drive at 1600hrs and also for the dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2 : Sweet waters / Ol Pejeta Drive to Lake Nakuru National Park
After breakfast depart sweet waters for lake nakuru and check in for lunch and an evening game drive at 1600hrs.The lake is famous for flamingos and game, among them is Rothschild Giraffe,buffalo, leopard, black and white rhino and approximately 350 different species of birds. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 3 Lake Nakuru national park to Masai Mara Game Reserve
Day 4: Explore Masai Mara Game Reserve
Mara been the best sanctuary of animals in the world in this day, we have a high possibility of encountering all preys and predators found here. This day can be planned as below:
- (a) Early balloon champagne breakfast in the bush then return to the camp for lunch and evening game drive at 1600hrs.
(b) Early game drive then back to the camp for the breakfast, leisure till 1600hrs with an option of visting nearby traditional masai communities to learn about their rich culture and traditions.
- Breakfast at the camp followed by a whole day game drive in masai Mara with packed lunch returning to the camp in the
- Breakfast halfday return to the camp for lunch late afternoon option of visting traditional masai village.
Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 5: Masai Mara Game Reserve – Nairobi
* Extensive Game drives
* Pre–tour itinerary document
* All meals included while on safari
* All applicable Game Park entrance fees
* Safari vehicles carry cold drinks and mineral water
* Guaranteed window seating with open top for easy photography
* Guaranteed departures for two or more passengers booking this safari
* Finest accommodations in Sweetwaters, Lake Nakuru & Masai Mara Game Reserve
* Round trip transport from Nairobi to Sweetwaters, Lake Nakuru & Masai Mara Game Reserve
* Multi-lingual Professional Safari Guide/ Driver. (Professional Safari Escort is available upon request)
* International Airfare
* A visit to a Masai Village
* Accommodations in Nairobi
* Cost of obtaining passport and visas
* Gratuity for your professional driver guide
* Sundowner bush cocktails and bush dinner
* Christmas, New Year and Easter Supplement
* Nature walks, Night game drives, Camel rides etc
* Gratuity for Porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps and airports
* Membership in Flying Doctors Society – Emergency air rescue
* Optional Hot Air Ballooning (cost per person is 470 US Dollars)
* Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary